9 August 2019

'Just saying hello' Polkadoodles Wk32 challenge

Good morning lovely crafty people.  A little pop in to my blog today to share with you my make for the new Polkadoodles Week 32 Challenge.

So this week the DT were challenged with making a project to 'just say hello' but as always the theme for you guys wishing to enter is 'Anything Goes' so no excuse not to pop across and share your lovely makes with us.

So for my card I was feeling kind of sparkly so out came the glitters lol!!  I decided to do something I'd been meaning to have a go at for ages ... I printed off onto acetate a pretty butterfly digi from the Lemonade Fizz kit and spent quite a while adding glue and pretty coloured glitters to all of the little sections on its wings. I then put it to one side to dry.  As it dried it went clear so all you can see in the end is the gorgeous sparkly colours.  I then flipped it over and darkened up the veins in its wings with a marker, bent the wings slightly and added a few gems.

I printed off the beautiful papers onto Ultimate Graphic paper and matted them onto black card to make it all pop, added a few faux stitching edges, a sentiment and finally a few gems and voila my card was done.  I'm just a little bit in love with this one it's so sparkly and pretty in real life my photography skills don't pick it up unfortunately lol!

Image:  printed from Polkadoodles 'Lemonade Fizz' download kit
Sentiment:  Polkadoodles Helga Hippo sentiments set
Papers:  Polkadoodles Winnie Celebrations 2 paper 1
printed on to Ultimate Graphic paper


A little bit of a close up of the butterfly.  You can just about make out how sparkly it is!!


Okay so I enjoyed making this card so much I think I may have to make a few more of these gorgeous butterflies.  There's also a couple of bee digi's and a dragonfly .... ooh imagine those in glitter  ...  yep that's definately on the 'to do' list now!!!

Right, that is all from me today folks.  I've got a not so nice work day ahead of me so I'll catch you on the flip side.

Take care and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx

Challenges:-

Simply Create Too  -  anything goes

Crafting with an Attitude No.54  -  anything goes

Creations in Pink No.12 -  anything goes 'mainly in pink'

Creative Moments No.174  -  anything goes

Simon Says Wednesday  -  use a die cut

Stamping Sensations  -  things with wings










11 comments:

Fleur said...

Anne-Marie this is such a striking card. Truly beautiful
HUGS Fleur xxx

brenda said...

Such a pretty feminine creation in all the soft colours and sparkle, many thanks for joining in with our August theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Gina's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the sparkly glitter and the pretty paper.
Hugs
Gina xx

Emma Goddard said...

Stunning card Anne-Marie, beautiful xx

Suzi Mac said...

Fantastic card Anne Marie, loving that glittery butterfly and you faux stitching.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Lynne K said...

A beautiful design with such pretty colours. All that time spent with the glitter was worth it! Love all the sparkle! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Crafting Belle said...

This is beautiful....the butterfly is so sparkly. Hugs Lisa xxx

Ruthie Lopez said...

Love it!! That butterfly is gorgeous!!
Ruth
My Hobby My Art

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card. Great work on the butterfly x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kim said...

The butterfly on your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simply Create Too.