19 June 2021

By the light of the silvery moon

Happy Saturday lovely crafty peeps.  It's a very quick drop in from me today as I'd like to share one of my latest cards made using Lavinia Stamps and distress inks.

As I've mentioned before I'm very new to making backgrounds and building scenes it's a complete learning curve for me not just the placement of everything but also the colour blends of the inks.  I've listed under my card the inks I used to create the background and I've got to say this combination is going to be a firm favourite of mine.  

So let me share my card.  I've used lots of mediums on here.  Obviously distress inks blended out for the background.  I created the moon with a Lavinia template and then gesso and soft pastels.  All of the Lavinia Stamps were stamped using Versafine Clair inks in various colours to compliment the background and out came my Sakura Stardust pens and Nova metallic markers to highlight some of the foliage images and add like little flowers.  Finally, everything was flittered with a little microfine glitter especially the wings of the fairy.  I'm rather pleased with my bat flying across the moon too.  I don't have masses of Lavinia Stamps yet but I wanted something to be like flying across the sky/moon so I used my mini Sycamore £1 stamp, stamped it but didn't stamp out the stalk part and altered it slightly with my black fine liner pen to look like bat wings and a little head and ears and I've got to say I just love it!


Images:  Grace(small), Creeping Vine, Fairy Buttercups, Lavender, Orchard Grass, Slender Mushrooms Mini, Mini Sycamore

Stamped with Versafine Claire (Nocturne and Twilight)

Background:  Distress Inks (Seedless Preserve, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers)

Okay, so that's all from me today.  I'm off to have another play around with my stamps and backgrounds.  I find where I'm still learning things it can take me a little while to actually finish a card and I dither quite a bit with where to place all the stamps.  I'm hoping I'll get less hesitant as I do more lol.

Happy crafting folks.

Take care 
Ann-Marie
xxx



Challenges

Crafty Calendar  -  anything goes

Sweet Stampin  -  something beginning with B (I'm going with bat and colour blue)

The Fairy and the Unicorn  -  anything Fantasy goes

Cute Card Thursday  -  anything goes









1 comment:

Gale said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/