1 August 2020

Little Rocco in shades of grey

Well happy weekend lovely crafty people.  I hope you have had a good week and are ready to craft it up at the weekend.  We are all good here ... I think lol!  No seriously we are good I'm doing the usual chasing my tail kinda thing but hey that seems to be the norm around here.

Anyway, there is a new Polkadoodles Craft challenge up over on the blog and I'm here to share with you my DT card.  The team were challenged this week to come up with a card in shades of grey with one coloured paper so here's my take on that.  However, for all you lovely craft folk the theme is as always 'anything goes', so why not pop over and share what you've been working we'd love for you to join us.

I printed off little Rocco and coloured him in cool grey copics and my pop of colour is this beautiful paper which I printed off onto Ultimate Graphic paper.  For something a little different I used the spray die (sorry I don't know it's name) and cut into the edge of the card.  To tie everything together I coloured his flower to match the papers and popped a couple of gems on the edge and flower and I think it worked.

Image:  Polkadoodles 'Flower Bunch' from the Winnie Special Moments collection
Medium:  copics
Papers:  Winnie Christmas Wishes Papers 2 collection printed on to Ultimate Graphic paper
Twine, gems and buttons from stash

When I started putting my card all together it felt like there was something lacking it felt a little plain so after a little thought and trying various things out came my fine liner pen and I doodled around the edge of the image.  I was always scared of doing this as I thought I'd muck if up but you know I've come to realise that it doesn't matter as the doodling doesn't have to be perfect at all and it just works.


My last piccie is the usual closer look at the image.  He's a sweetie isn't he and perfect for so many occasions.  In hindsight I would have coloured his face in grey also but I wasn't thinking and just reached for the skin tones and it wasn't until I was virtually finished I realised and by that time I wasn't going to start again, so hey he's mostly in grey!


Okay so that's all from me today folks.  I'm off to work in about an hour so I'm off to hang some washing out and do a couple of chores before I go, but I'm hoping to sneak back into my craft room for an hour or two when I get back.

Take care and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx


Challenges I'd like to enter:-

Colour Crazy challenge Wk 30  -  anything goes

A bit more time to craft #120  -  anything goes

The Cutie Pie challenge #149  -  delightful digis


  


4 comments:

Hannapanna said...

Such a sweet card! Lovely colouring and details. Thanks for sharing with us over at Colour Crazy Challenge and good luck.

- Hanna, DT

Pat K said...

Very lovely card, great colouring and design with an adorable image. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Stunning I love the burst of colour in the flower
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely colourful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x