17 July 2020

It's a pearly girly Mermaizing post today

Hello lovely crafty peeps.  Jeez aren't the days just whizzing by lately and it's Friday already and time for a new Polkadoodles Crafting challenge.  I managed to get my card done by the skin of my teeth this week.  What with work, visitors now that most people are out and about and sods law determines they all decide to descend in the same week, hubby deciding to decorate our son's room as well as me trying to pack up my craft room, well I'm amazed I managed to sneak it in in time!

So the DT this time were challenged with creating an 'Under the Sea' themed project in colours of blue/green and one pop of colour.  Well I decided to go down the mermaid route and this is what I came up with.  I don't normally colour up mermaids as I always think they're going to be difficult to do I don't know why perhaps it's the tail that I find daunting, daft I know.  However, I really enjoyed colouring up this sweet little Polkadoodles Meribelle and I am very pleased with how she turned out.

I had this idea in my head that I wanted a shaped card so went with the obvious 'shell' design which I hand cut from pearlised cardstock and then decided to edge it with pretty pearls.  I didn't want to cover it all up with lots of papers so I just used one design and added the digi image to it and printed it off before then colouring her in and die-cutting an oval which again was edged with pearls.  

Image:  Polkadoodles 'Meribelle Mermaid Pretty'
Medium:  copics
pearls and embellishments from stash



I added a little bottle I found in my stash and just filled it with little beads and also added a few little shells I found hidden away in one of my drawers.

A little close up next of Meribelle.  I added some micro fine glitter to her tail but not sure you can pick it up in the photo and I got out my Sakura white gel pen and just added some little accents to her hair.  I had an idea to add some little dots down the side of her face and body as I just thought her being a mermaid and all why not.  Not so sure I like it now but hey it's done so it's too late now!


Copics used

Skin:  E41, E50, E53, E33
BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18
V000, V04, V05, V06, V09

Okay so that's all from me for today folks.  Don't forget pop across to the Polkadoodles Craft Challenge it's an 'Anything Goes' theme as always and fab prizes up for grabs.

Take care and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx

Challenges:-

Cardz 4 Galz  -  sea shells

Sweet Stampin Challenge  -  fairies/fantasy

The Fairy and the Unicorn challenge  -  anything fantasy goes

Colour Crazy challenge  -  anything goes

Creative Fingers  -  anything goes

Classic Design challenge  -  anything goes












6 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Your card is incredible. I am mesmerized by the colors!!!
Hugs, Joy

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning. Your colouring is amazing on this wonderful project. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin Challenge and apologies for being a little late. hugs, Pat K xx

Ilonka said...

Such a wonderful creation. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is jaw dropping, gob smacking gorgeous.
So beautiful and nice work.Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Fiona said...

Wow! I just love how you've done your gorgeous creation as though she is in a shell - how inspired - thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

cass said...

Absolutely delightful, gorgeous card, great design. Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.