9 May 2019

A review !!

Hello lovely crafty peeps.  I have something a little different to share with you today … a product review.  It's quite a long one, so grab a cuppa!!

A little while ago I was approached by the lovely people at Hunkydory to ask if I would kindly review a few of their products.  As you can imagine I was a tad excited to have a go.

So what did I choose to review?  Well here is a little piccie of the items when they arrived.  I chose their 'Colour Me' professional stamping card, Adorable Scorable A4 cardstock - Pinks, one of their fabulous craft stacks 'Tons of Fun' and finally some of their double sided tape.

Hunkdory goodies with links


So, what hit me first when I opened my parcel?

Well to be honest it was the excellent quality of everything.  My eager little hands went straight to the craft stack to flick through and I was not disappointed.  It is beautiful.  The colours are gorgeous, so pretty and I can't fault the foiling.  I was amazed actually at the amount they have managed to get into this 8 x 8 stack.  Lots of toppers and sentiments to choose from in fact you know when you have so many pretty things to play with you can never actually make up your mind what to use first.  Well that was me lol!  You even get matching papers in there too.  I love the fact that everything you need to make a card (apart from your obvious card base and glue etc.) is all in one pad and it is all co-ordinated so all the hard work of trying to match colours and papers is done for you.  Perfect for quick cards too.

The die cutting is fab.  Everything pops out with ease there is no tearing or spoiling of your toppers and the little pips which you inevitably get which can't be helped you can just go around and tidy up with a little pair of scissors.  Also, I don't know about you, but I get quite frustrated when you try and tear papers out of a pad and you end up ripping the top of the sheet.  Well this didn't happen here.  They came out so easily and not so all the other pages fell out either.

I've never used Adorable Scorable and was really impressed.  I chose the 'pink' pack and it had a selection of such pretty shades of pink and no word of a lie each shade in this pack complimented any of the toppers in the stack how cool is that.  What I desperately wanted to do though was to try embossing with it and yep it does that too and beautifully. The card has a great weight to it not this flimsy stuff you can sometimes get and the finish is amazing.

So I've had a little play with my goodies and I just wanted to show you the card I've made.  All I did was add a few gems, a little twine and a rose from my own stash and I had one completed card.


Okay, the next couple of items I chose were, in my opinion, the most important.  They may seem boring but good quality basic materials are a must and I'm always on the look out for a really decent double sided tape and I think I've found it.  If I'm completely honest Hunkydory is not the first place I would have even looked for a tape it just never occurred to me.  Well now I know and I've been using it for a few weeks and its brilliant.  I've used a fair few over the years but I've got to say I'm really impressed with it's staying power.  There is no lifting of your layers at all which some tapes can do after a while.  I also found that it was super easy to lift off the backing sheet there was no fighting for ages with my pokey tool trying to lift the damn back off!!

Lastly, being predominantly a stamper and colourer with my alcohol pens, I was really eager to try out their 'Colour Me' professional stamping card.  Anyone who stamps and colours will know just how important the card you stamp onto is to your end result.  Now I've been stamping and colouring for a number of years and I've pretty much stuck to the same couple of brands for this, so as you can imagine I was pretty intrigued to see how it faired.  

My initial thoughts when I took it out of the pack was it's a really good weight coming in at 250 gsm, it's beautifully smooth and a lovely bright white. I have used it a number of times now and I am pleased to say it faired extremely well I am really impressed.  It is lovely to work with I had no problem whatsoever colouring with my markers.  I was able to lay down a few layers of colour and blend with ease and I encountered no bleeding.  As I've mentioned above it is a lovely bright white so there is no distortion to the colours you lay down either.  I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

Okay folks you've reached the end of my first ever review and I hope you've enjoyed reading a little of what I thought about these products.  You should pop across to the Hunkdory store to have a good old ganders, but grab another cuppa as I can assure you you will be there for a while lol but you most certainly won't be disappointed!!

Take care and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx 


     

No comments: