15 February 2013

50th Anniversary bookatrix

Well hello to everyone, wishing you a happy Friday from my neck of the woods.  Sorry I have been missing for more than a few days but I ended up in A & E last Tuesday evening.  I won't bore you with all the details but lets just say mopping the kitchen floor can be a dangerous affair especially when your back goes and you cannot move.  The cocktail of painkillers they have given me is working and I am at least mobile now and last night I actually managed to make it into my craft room and sit long enough to finish a card.  I never knew back pain could be so painful honestly giving birth would be preferable to that!
 
Anyway, swiftly moving on from my woes I hope you are all well and have managed to enjoy some crafty time this week.   This is the second card I had rolling around my head for the 50th wedding anniversary I was asked to do.  I made a bookatrix card and I thought I would go quite blingy with this one with all the gold and pearls.
 
 
Lots of gold card used and its a great way of using up all my old peeloffs.  The patterned card is actually DCWV The Luxury Stack and its gorgeous great for special occasions.  Lots of pearls and ribbon roses used from stash.
 
 
This picture shows the depth of the card and you can just about see the little book on the right which actually opens so you can write a message.
 
Challenges I would like to enter
 
 
 
 
 
I'm hoping to do a little crafting today so hopefully will be back soon with something to show you.  I hope you all have a great weekend and sneak in a little craftiness.
 
Take care.
Ann-Marie
xxx

6 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Ann-Marie very stylish
jacqui x

UTs Hobby Time said...

Absolutely stunning. So classy and the end result is amazing.
Hope you are feeling better now.

Sasha said...

Gorgeous Bookatrix, Ann-Marie! Perfect for a golden wedding.
Thank you for sharing with us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge x

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh Ann Marie! I do you you are ok hun! Sounds nasty. I would give up mopping the kitchen floor its just too risky! lol :)

Incidentally I have one of those steam mop things - I LOVE it! :)

Your book looks fantastic! Breathtaking creation, it looks so posh! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful.
luv
debby

Steph said...

What a gorgeous creation- love the elegant colours! Thanks so much for joining us at the MMCS Monthly Challenge x