29 March 2012

Forgotten Sugar!!

Hi guys, I've been away a little longer than I planned but we've managed to catch every bug going around the school and you know kiddies they love to share so we've all had something in one form or another.  

I've been trying to complete this card for a good week and a half at least!  Anyway, here it is and I wanted to do an easel card/box as I haven't done one for a long time.  I was going through my stamps and came across this little forgottren treasure from Sugar Nellie.  She's so sweet and easy to colour.  I've used copics and prisma pencils and the papers are my all time fave GCD studios 'Ella Blue'.  Not sure you can see very well but I have had a go at distressing the papers both with my scissors and then going over with distress ink.  There were a couple of challenges around (well there were when I started it!!) that wanted Vintage/Shabby Chic.  Well I love shabby chic/vintage but I can never quite get that 'shabby' look but I tried and I do think it came out more 'vintage' than anything but I quite like it and for once I'm quite happy with the end result.



I used flowers from WOC and the others were made using a Magnolia Doily Flowers die which I absolutely love. 


The sentiment is from Whimsy, the butterflies are a really old punch I can't even remember where I got it from.

I would like to enter into a few challenges:-




Okay I've gotta dash now, its an early tea today for us all as we have parents evening for Emilie, my youngest, at 6.10 p.m. and then Luke, the eldest, has a school disco at 6.30 p.m.  All I can say is thank god that the two schools are next to each other otherwise that would be fun trying to get to both!!!

Take care folks, catch up with you soon.

Ann-Marie
xxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are now better, this card is lovely. I love the added boxes. Wow you are so clever.
Well done.
Hugs Elaine

Carol Willis said...

Glad to hear that everyones feeling better. Love this card, I haven't attempted anything like this yet, must find a tutorial. Gorgeous.
Hugs
Caz x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

annes paperfun said...

Wow! Such a lovely card!
Beautiful details ♥
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Joy said...

What an adorable creation, love all the elements to this beautiful piece of art... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Laura Bradley said...

Love the colour scheme on this one!! So glad I have found your blog .. your cards are beautiful!! Laura xx