15 November 2013

New challenge at The ABC Challenge - Black & White/Stripes

Yay! its Friday everyone and I don't know about you but I'm ready for the weekend its just been one of those weeks.  We've just started painting our hallway, stairs and landing but I don't know if I like the paint colour but we've bought the paint now and it was the stuff you have mixed and at nearly £70 for three tins I'm not changing it, but hey never mind once the carpet is up and wood flooring down I'm sure it will grow on me!

Anyway, its the 15th of the month and that means its time for another new challenge over at The ABC Challenge and I have my DT card to share with you all.  This challenge we are on the letter Z so that's Z for Zebra so a card or creation with stripes or black and white or even both its up to you.  We have two fabby sponsors this time Bugaboo Digi Stamps and Lili of the Valley so come on over and join us we'd love to have you.  My teamies as usual have been busy making beautiful creations for you to feast your eyes upon so go and take a peek at all the gorgeous inspiration.

Okay so here's what I made.  I went down the black and white route and made a Clean & Simple card using a LOTV image coloured completely with Promarkers this time.  Okay so you all know that Clean & Simple is not really my thing I just don't seem to be able to pull it off, but amazingly I actually love how this card turned out and think I may be making a few more along this theme for some quick cards I need.  Anyway, enough waffle here's the piccies:-

Image:  LOTV 'Shine a Light'
Medium:  Promarkers
 
Okay a little view from the side.  I raised the image panel up with sticky pads just for a little added dimension.  Added some old velvet ribbon, tied a double bow and then added a metal snowflake brad to finish it off.

 
A quick close up of the adorable image, its not a new one but its one of my faves.  I decided to have black fur and not white and I'm glad I did I think it sets it off better.  I used some black fake flock and glitter so its quite tactile too.  Plenty of Glamour Dust for the snow and snowflakes and I was done and it didn't really take that long either.

 Promarkers List

Ice Grey 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and black

So that's it from me today folks.  I wish you all a very happy weekend I know I'm going to savour mine and I think I may nip to Costa they have their seasonal drinks on the menu now and their black forest hot chocolate is to die for!

Take care,
Ann-Marie
xxx

7 comments:

Carol Willis said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Ann-Marie. Lovely image, BEAUTIFULLY coloured.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Marilyn said...

This is really nice. Working with those few colours is not easy to do but you have created a gorgeous card with them!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a beautifully striking card . I love the style & colour. Its amazing ann-marie x

Inky Angel said...

Love this black and white image, it is beautifully colored. The black fur and flocks look really good on this CAS card.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Katie

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous, cute Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Shelby said...

Love the CAS design and the black and white is sooo cool.

Shelby

Shannah said...

Elegant and beautiful! And yes the black fur is amazing!
Hugs, Shannah xox