1 November 2013

Mellow Yellow!!!

Hi everyone and a very happy Friday to you all.  I hope your week has gone well and you're ready for your weekend.  Mine has been a bit of a blur with the kiddies home for half term its been a little busy.  My Halloween was a little different this year as my youngest went to a party and my eldest who is now 12 decided he wasn't trick or treating as he is too old and its not the done thing apparently.  Well boo I didn't get to go out so I had to be content with the candy run when the door bell went and it was fun to see all their little faces and scary costumes!  
 
Anyway, with it being the 1st of the month its time again for another new challenge over at The ABC Challenge and I have my DT card to share with you all.  This challenge we are on the letter Y so that's Y for Yellow so we would like to see yellow as the focal/main colour of your creation.  We are being sponsored this time by the fab Tildas Town so come join us and have a chance at winning the great prize.  My teamies as usual have been busy making beautiful creations for you to feast your eyes upon so go and take a peek at all the gorgeous inspiration.

Okay time to show you what I made.  If I'm honest I was a little stumped at first as yellow is not a colour I use very often.  I eventually decided to ink up Tilda's Heart Flowers which I haven't used for ages and I coloured them with my Distress Markers for a change.  I'm struggling to master these little blighters but for once I'm happy with the outcome but I shall keep on practicing with them they won't get the better of me!  I'm wondering whether I need to change my watercolour paper so I may be doing some investigating on that front but if you have any tips they'd be most welcome.  Anyway, piccie time:-

Image:  Magnolia 'Tildas Heart Flowers'
Sentiment:  Whimsy 'Postage Stamp' sentiments
Medium:  Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Papers:  Prima 'Sun Kiss'
Dies:  Spellbinders 'Fleur de Lis rectangles'
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts, The Ribbon Girl
 
I didn't have the right coloured ribbon so I coloured some white with my copics and the daisy also started life as white and I coloured that in with my Distress Markers.

 
A little close up next.  I love these little flowers they're so pretty.  I got out the old stickles and added some of that to their centres and also some liquid pearls dotted around the image.  I came across a little tip a while ago for the liquid pearls.  I was finding that once I'd squeezed a blob out I was being left with a point rather than it being pearl looking.  Well I read that once you've dotted on the liquid pearls if you just flick your paper from underneath with your finger it flattens them out to look more like pearls and it really works too.  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read this but its a pretty good tip so thank you. 

Distress Markers list
 
Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Aged Mahogany,
Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss
 
Okay I'm off now.  I'm meeting my mum and we're going to take a trip to The Range apparently they have all their Christmas decs out and I'm sure there's something I need!
 
Take care and happy crafting.
 
Ann-Marie
xxx
 
 

7 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, such a beautiful card! Love the flowers and bow, wonderful image and great colors!

Hugs, Anne.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is stunning and i love the colour ! Im having distress markers for xmas. Hope i can make them look at good as you.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful colouring and absolutely gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Ellibelle said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Loving the colors and stunning sketch!

Elaine said...

This is just stunning Ann-Marie! I think you've more than mastered the Distress markers.
A fab layout and the prettiest embellishments....it's a stunner.

I think everyone has their own favourite brand of watercolour card, and it's just finding the one you feel happiest with. I've tried many (bought many and binned many!) but I still love the Artistico the most.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Jackie Scott said...

Beautiful card for any occasion! Love all those little pearls and your colouring is fantastic!

Shannah said...

Wow I love this! So sunny and warm!
Hugs, Shannah xox