1 December 2019

Christmas Candle Jar

Hello lovely crafty peeps.  I'm popping in my Polkadoodles DT make today.  There is a new challenge live over on the challenge blog and my teamies have made some gorgeous Christmas makes to inspire you all.

So the DT this week were challenged to make a Christmas decoration and I've wanted to upcycle an old jar for ages.  Seriously I've got so many empty jars dotted around waiting to be re-used it's crazy so I thought heck I'll get on and use one.

So this is what I came up with …. I've made myself a decorated candle jar and it was so easy.  I re-sized and printed off a Christmas tree from the embellies section of Winnie White Christmas download collection so I could use it as a template.  I attached it to the front of my jar and then laid down a layer of gesso.  Once dry I went over three times with the green acrylic paint letting each layer dry in between.  

So whilst the layers were drying I coloured up the Winnie Tweet Sounds and Winnie Forest Friends in lovely Christmas colours and fussy cut them out.  When my paint was dry I peeled off the tree template so I was left with a fab Christmas tree aperture.  I then added some glitter around the outline and some Twinklets around the bottom of the jar and 3d the Winnie images to either side of the tree aperture.  A little bit of red and white cord around the top of the jar and a few pine cones and I had one completed decoration.

Images:  Polkadoodles Winnie Tweet Sounds and Winnie Forest Friends
Medium:  images coloured with copics

A little look at Winnie Tweet Sounds.  Isn't she sweet.  You can see I've added lots of glitter accents and Twinklets to the jar too, well it is Christmas if you can't add lots of sparkles at Christmas I'm not sure when you can lol!  


A little piccie of the other side of the jar featuring Winnie Forest Friends, again coloured with the same coloured copics so it all ties in.

Copics used

Skin:-  E000, E11, E13, R20
Hair:  E31, E35, E37, E29
Clothes:  R20, R22, R27, R29, R59
YG11, YG13, YG17, G28 
E41, E43
C1, C3, C5

You know it was so much fun making this and I thought it was going to be so time consuming when actually it was really rather a quick project.  In fact it was the paint drying time that took the longest and even then it wasn't that long in between layers.

Please do pop across to the Polkadoodles challenge blog here.  There is lots of inspiration to be had and the theme is as always 'anything goes' so no excuse not to enter.  We'd love to have you join us and there's fab prizes up for grabs each week.

So that's all from me today peeps.  I have to dash as I should be putting up some decorations and not sat in front of the laptop.  Hubby's popped out quickly with my daughter to the store so better get lively and look like I've done something lol!!

I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Take care.
Ann-Marie
xxx


Challenges:

Addicted to Stamps  -  anything goes

Stamping Sensations  -  anything goes

Colour Crazy Challenge  -  anything goes


Simon Says Stamp  -  anything goes


Merry Little Christmas Challenge  -  anything Christmas goes











10 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing, just AMAZING!!! Love so much this project!! Wow!! Thanks for sharing the process!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is amazing! Love your glittery candle jar - so much gorgeous detail! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Creative Challenge of Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a fabulous project ... just beautiful and very creative! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful and I love how the candle shows through the tree. Great colouring too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautifully decorated love the cute images and vibrant colour.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous creation! You made a lovely green jar and the digis are adorable. Fab colouring too. Love this! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Sally H said...

Wow! That's Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Crafting Belle said...

This is amazing hun...love it and you make it sound so easy! I think I may have to make one ready for next year. Hugs Lisa xxx

pinky said...

Wow! This is a real showstopper!! I just love it! Thanks for joining us with our Anything Goes challenge over at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Redapple39 said...

This is a gorgeous candle!

Renee H