11 March 2013

Candytuft Candle

Hi folks from a very bitter Bournemouth gosh I woke up to snow this morning whats with the weather I thought Spring was just round the corner.  Anyway I'm back today very quickly just to show you the candle that I made to go with my mum's mother's day card.
 
Normally I  use church candles but I figured my mum wouldn't burn it so I decided to use one of those battery operated flickering candles and I must say they're pretty good.  I picked mine up in Hobbycraft ages ago when they were on sale and they're actually wax on the outside so you can still melt an image into.  I did find however they're not as easy as normal candles they don't melt as smooth but not bad at all.
 
 
The image was stamped onto tissue paper, coloured with copics and then melted into the candle with my heat gun.  I added a few punched glitter butterflies and liquid pearl dots and plenty of stickles on her wings and voila it was done.
 
Okay thats it from me for today - told you it was a fleeting visit!
 
Take care and happy crafting.
 
Ann-Marie
xxx
 
 

2 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gorgeous candle Ann Marie. Bet your mum loved it,
It freezing here too. Keep having flurries of snow but thankfully it's not sticking.
Take care
Hugs Kelly

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful candle Ann-Marie. Bet your mum loved it. Never tried this, but really must have a go.
Hugs
Caz x