30 November 2009

"Jingle Bells"

Evening everyone, I hope you all have had a fab day. Today has been good I got to finish my little project for my auntie and the weather has turned all crisp and cold just love it really feels like Christmas is on its way.

Well I wont subject you to one of my waffling posts (did you hear that - everyone sighed relief in unison!) so this is my advent calender for my auntie.
This is the top of my advent. The image is a Sugar Nellie called "Jingle Bells" and I have coloured it with copics. I eventually found some excellent card to use with my copics thanks to Elaine at Quixotic Paperie who let me know what she uses and pointed me in the right direction, thank you so much Elaine I now no longer have withdrawal symptoms and I can colour to my hearts content.
This is one of the sides. The little squares you can see with the wreath and the "Merry Christmas" are toppers from Flowersoft and I'd added green flowersoft and red stickles for the berries.
I do apologise for the picture quality, I'm definately no photographer even with a half decent camera I can still bodge the shot, but you can get the jist of it hopefully with these couple of pics. I so enjoyed doing this I just wish I has started a little sooner and made a few more, but hey I'll start in January for next Christmas and maybe I'll have enough for all my family. Best start collecting the little matchboxes now as there is no way I'm going in and asking for 100's of matchboxes as they'll think I'm an arsonist!
Right, I'm off now got some Christmas decs to put up. Got to start with the tree in the porch and then I think I'll move on to the one in the conservatory, yes we have five in our house (that includes the kiddies ones in their rooms), so best get cracking.
Take care guys, have a good evening and I'll speak to you soon.
Ann-Marie
xxx

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ann-Marie this is so beautiful hun, your auntie will love it. I did say to the girl in Wilko I wasn't an arsonist when I bought 50 boxes of matches and she didn't know what I meant lol.
Thank you so much for your lovely message
hugs Mandy xx

cats whiskers said...

Can you believe what a bad blogger I am, sorry for not visiting in the last couple of days. I just adore this lovely creation dear, fabulous colouring
Hugs Jacqui x