10 May 2021

A sprinkling of fairy dust

Happy Monday lovely crafty peeps, it's been a little while since I've popped on my blog to share anything.  I have still been making things it just kinda gets uploaded to Instagram first and that's as far as it gets.  However, this is me making a concerted effort to contribute more to my little old blog.  

So let me share my latest with you.  Well you know how much I love anything fairy and magical so after watching a fair few You Tube videos I finally took the plunge and ordered some Lavinia Stamps.  It's a completely new direction for me what with inking my own background and making scenes and stuff.  So out of my comfort zone but I had so much fun.  I had a few disasters before I actually got to the finish line, but hey what a fun learning curve!



Okay so my background was made using Distress Inks and I used a Lavinia Stamp mask to create the moon with gesso and soft pastels.  I dug out my Inktense pencils to add a little colour to some of the stamps especially the beautifully tree 'Druids Inn'.  All of the stamps used to create the scene are Lavinia Stamps and I've stamped using a range of Versafine Clair ink pads.  I used a touch of soft pastels here and there where I wanted a little more depth such as on the mushrooms and the door in the tree and as finishing touch I used some metallic markers to make all of the little tiny flowers as it needed something and I didn't want to add any more stamping.  

I must say I'm quite pleased with the outcome.  Considering I didn't really know what I was doing I just went with it I'm quite surprised I had something worth photographing.  After matting it on complimenting cardstock and I have one finished fairy card which will probably makes it way to my mum for her birthday.

That's all from my crafty cubbyhole for today which incidentally is a complete mess after making this so let the clean up operation begin!

Take care folks and I promise to not leave it so long next time.

Happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  -  always anything goes

Allsorts  -  create a landscape or scene

Sweet Stampin  -  things with wings

The Fairy and the Unicorn  -  anything fantasy goes

Creatalicious challenges  -  anything goes (option of 'things with wings')




  .  


7 comments:

brenda said...

Excellent choice to indulge in some Lavinia stamps, but be warned they are addictive. So much lovely depth and colour in your card, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

Well I asked for a scene and this is a beautiful one. The depth of and clarity of colour you've achieved is just brilliant. Thanks so much for joining in with my landscape or scene theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lynn x

Joy Wilson said...

Stunning card! The background is awesome!! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Ellibelle said...

A really beautiful Lavinia scene you created here with these gorgeous stamps and loving the background colors!
Glad you decided to blog this card! I personally find blogging so much more fun as it allows for more (and easier) writing and reading. I'm so rarely posting to Instagram now.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week, hope you'll join us again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Tone K. said...

Stunning card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Fiona said...

Stunning - I love what you’ve done with these Lavinia stamps - thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good luck!!