13 September 2020

Winnie Christmas Wreath

Hello crafty peeps.  It's been a bit of an odd week in our household.  My daughter returned to school and my son has now left.   It was hard seeing her go but it needed to happen.  She was so excited to see all her friends again it was lovely to hear about everything when she got in from her day.  The school, to be fair, have done an excellent job in trying to get 1800 pupils back into education and it's going to be a learning curve in these strange times so I think we'll just take each day as it comes.

So, how have you all been?  I've noticed a fresh crispness to the air first thing in the morning now and the leaves are just starting to turn so looks like Autumn is just around the corner.  This pleases me greatly as it's my favourite season.  I spent a day switching up all my planters on my decking and front garden with flowers in beautiful autumnal colours and it's lovely to sit on the decking of an evening and watch my solar lights slowly come on one by one and light up the flowers, so pretty.

Anyway, I digress lol.  I'm actually popping in today to share my latest DT make for Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge.  Our theme for the team this week was 'Christmas' but for all you lovely peeps wanting to join in with us you can share anything you like it doesn't have to be Christmas related or even Polkadoodles goodies for that matter.  You can share anything with us and we'd love to have you join us and be in with a chance of winning some goodies.

Well, for my make I decided to ink up Winnie Christmas Wreath.  I stamped and coloured her with my copics to match the beautiful LDRS 'Country Christmas' papers.  I used a little Frantage around the edges of the die cut oval.  I love this stuff and I really should use it more.  I didn't really want to crowd my card with too much so opted for a simple bow and a couple of poinsettias.  I just love these poinsettia dies too.  They cut and layer up beautifully and I love how delicate they look.

Image:  Polkadoodles 'Winnie Christmas Wreath
Medium:  Copics
Papers:  LDRS 'Country Christmas'
Dies:  Polkadoodles 'Poinsettia Lace' die set
Ribbon and pearls from stash


My usual close up of Winnie.  She's so sweet isn't she and what struck me when I got her is it's a real decent size stamp to work with and you get a little separate robin stamp in the set too, although I haven't used it on my card.


Okay so that's all from me today.  I better dash as I've got school uniform and stuff to get ready for tomorrow.  I guess that's one thing I didn't miss ... getting the lunch boxes ready and ironing school uniform lol!

Take care folks and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx


Challenges

Allsorts  -  incorporate things you love (for me that's my favourite colour red, absolutely anything Christmas, my favourite colouring medium copics)

Jingle Belles  -  Baby it's GOLD outside

















7 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

This is stunning what a gorgeous image
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Linby said...

What a beautiful card, so many lovely details. Thanks for joining in with my "I Love" challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

Such lovely warm colours making a super traditional feeling Christmas card, many thanks for joining in with our 11th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

Why not also link to the A/G option of our first challenge at https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/

B x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a pretty stamp and I love how you have coloured it. My son is back to school too. Its so nice for them to have a bit of normality! Take Care, Hazelx

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful! Such pretty colors and cute image!
Thanks for joining our "I love..." theme and Birthday Celebration at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

lauren bergold said...

so many subtle touches of gold that add up to massive impact! wow! absolutely love this. so pleased you shared it with us at JINGLE BELLES!

SmilynStef said...

such a lovely holiday card ... so glad you joined our GOLDen Christmas at Jingle Belles.