6 September 2019

Sharing some Polkadoodles goodness - New Challenge Wk 36

Good morning my lovelies and a big happy Friday to you.  I come to you from a very quiet house this morning.  The kiddies summer break has finally come to an end and some semblance of routine has returned.  Don't get me wrong I love having the kiddiewinkles home (you know I still call them that even though one will be 18 and the other 14 this October lol) but I do find that after the 3 to 4 week mark they've had enough.  I am pleased however that the weather has been fairly kind to us again this summer and they've managed to see friends at the beach and go out a lot rather than being stuck in doors.

Anyway, moving on.  As it's Friday there is a new challenge up over at Polkadoodles.  The theme set for the DT this time was 'thinking of you' using any image, but for all you folks it's as always an 'anything goes' theme and you don't even have to use a Polkadoodles image just enter with any make.  So here's what I went with.

I made a fairly clean and simple card as I really wanted to show off the beautiful image and papers so no fussiness to cover it all up.  I really love colouring in greys I think it is so effective, so this is what I have done with 'Octavia thinking' and literally just added a touch of pink as a highlight.  Items can be found over in the Polkadoodles store and I've popped the links to everything after the first photo.

Medium:  copics
Ribbon and flower from stash

My usual close up of the image.  Isn't she just adorable in her floaty dress?!

Copics used:

Skin:  E000, E11, E13, R20
Clothes:  C1, C3, C5, C7
Hair:  C1, C3, C5, C7, 100
Bow/necklace:  R81, R83, R85/B02, B04

Okay folks that's all from me.  I hope you all enjoy a lovely weekend and get to sneak in a little crafty 'me' time I know I'm going to do my best to lol!!


Take care and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx


Challenges:-

Addicted to Stamps  -  make your mark

Crafty Creations #397  -  anything goes

Craft Rocket challenge  -  monochrome

Crafting with an Attitude  -  anything goes

Cute Card Thursday  -  anything goes

Through the Craftroom Door  -  anything goes

Get Creative #84  -  anything goes/no twist

A bit more time to craft #99  -  anything goes




10 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Lovely design and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Helen said...

Beautifully designed - love the black and white with a pop of pink.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Gina's Cards said...

Love this beautiful card Anne-Marie! Grey is also one of my favourite colours to colour with. Your colouring is absolutely beautiful and I love your paper choices.
Hugs
Gina xx

Alex said...

Gorgeous card! Love that you choose mostly b/w as colors... very elegant!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#33 – shaped cards}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#33 – school enrollment}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#63 – Monochrom}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Ruthie Lopez said...

Love how you colored the dress!! love your card!!
Ruth @myhobbymyart

Crafting Belle said...

Gorgeous card. Love the monochrome and little pops of colour. Hugs Lisa xxx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Anne-Marie. Love the black & white combo HUGS Fleur xXx

Irene said...

Very very nice card, thank you for joining at Get Creative Challenge!
Irene DT Member

sweetpea said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Janet DT