8 January 2018

Happy New Year

Hello my lovelies.  So gorgeous peeps how was your Christmas I hope you had a good one and Santa brought you some nice goodies.  It was busy but wonderful in our little Santa's grotto and I do say grotto as you can't move for decorations in my house.  It was wonderful to have some much needed down time and quality family time too.

I know it's been a little while since I last popped in and shared anything with you.  Life has been extremely busy and then throw Christmas into the mix and hey presto zero craft time.  Plus the fact that my craft room became a dumping ground for everything over the festive period meant that I actually had to have a bit of clear out before I could even think of making anything.  It was nice to have a little break from crafting as my little old mojo was flagging but boy did I miss it and by a week ago I was climbing the walls desperate to get creating again.  

I haven't got a card to share with you today but I do have some colouring.  I was treated to some pencils for my birthday last week by my hubster.  I'd been looking at these Derwent Inktense pencils for well over a year so I decided to bite the bullet and get them.  Now I'm a copic girl at heart but it's nice to have a change every so often and have a play with a different medium.  I've never really mastered watercolouring and if I'm honest it's a bit wishy washy for my liking but oh my these pencils are amazing.  They are easy to use and the colours are so vibrant I just love them.  So I inked up a small Penny Black image and had a go at colouring it up.  Here's what it turned out like:

Now I have a long way to go and a lot of practice to put in with them but for a first attempt I'm really pleased which is a first as normally my first attempt with anything ends up in the bin but this will actually make it on to a card.  So if you like water colouring and working with pencils I would definitely recommend them.  They are obviously a considered purchase and like I say I've been looking at them for well over a year.  I got mine from Amazon at a great price I think.  I decided to go for the largest set which was 72 as what I was going to pay for 24 it was worth paying just a bit extra and getting them all.  So for roughly £67 I had the whole lot which is fab in my eyes.

Okay that's all from me today.  I will pop back with my finished card at some point and then I'll do as I normally do and list all my colours and everything but for now I'll love you and leave you and would wish you all a very happy New Year.

Take care folks.

Ann-Marie
xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Fabulous coloring on this cute little bunny!! Love him!