12 February 2018

Is that spring calling?!?

Hello my crafty friends I'm popping in today to share my latest make with you.  Now down here on the good old south coast I've given up any hope of seeing a flake of the old white stuff this year and some days feel decidedly spring like.  So with spring obviously just around the corner I've put away my winter colours for today and chosen to make a card in a colour scheme which I rather like and to me feels like spring. 

So I chose a beautiful little image from Whimsy called 'September Rose' and I think she's so sweet and pretty.  I've coloured her up with my Derwent Inktense pencils again.  Not so happy with the colouring but it's a learning curve and I'm enjoying the challenge.

Image:  Whimsy Stamps 'September Rose' by Elisabeth Bell
Sentiment:  LOTV 'Everyday Grungy' messages
Medium:  Inktense pencils
Papers:  First Edition 'blank canvas'
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
ribbon and pearls from stash


Okay so I don't mind winter really but what I do find hard is the poor light.  Trying to get a decent photo is a pain in the bum to say the least so when the lighter days come rolling in will be lovely.  Up next is the usual close up.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin  -  girly

Stamping Sensations  -  anything with flowers

Let's Craft and Create  -  anything goes (option of mother's day/mothers)

Crafters Castle  -  anything goes

Right I'm off now.  It's half term week here and I've got my youngest munchkin in the middle of making herself a Harry Potter wand as you do.  So she's been let loose with paper mache and I just want to make sure that the wand is the only thing getting covered lol. 

Take care folks and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xx














8 comments:

Joan said...

A sweet image and your colouring is lovely too

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

brenda said...

A beautiful creation and really lovely colouring of the image, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sabina said...

That's really lovely card. Your colouring is beautiful. I like all the layers, the image an embellishments. You did a great job :)
Thank you for playing with us at Let's Craft and Create.
Sabina DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a sweet card! Thank you for sharing your talent with us in the Sweet Stampin' Girly Challenge!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with one of my favourite stamps. Very pretty! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Sonya van Stee said...

Very lovely card! Your colouring is great! I especially love how you coloured her belt, and you've got some excellent depth happening on her pants! Thank you so much for joining us over at Let's Craft and Create!

new DT Sonya http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.ca/

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ann-Marie, that image is so wistful and beautiful! Love your gorgeous card design, so so pretty! If you've more Whimsy Stamps, do go and join the next Whimsy challenge starting in mid March. Thank you so much for playing along with our 'Girly' challenge at Sweet Stampin' too. Your card is perfect and truly gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Beeceecreativity said...

adorable and too cute ... fab layers and colours.... thanks for joining us at Crafters Castle Challenges.