22 February 2013

Picking Lilacs

Hello everyone wishing you all a very happy Thursday from a rather chilly craft room.  We've had rather a busy day today with one thing and another and family visiting so its now late and gone 1 a.m. (so technically its a happy Friday to you) and I turned the heating off when everyone went to bed so now its a tad cold and my fingers don't want to type so if you see any odd spelling or words you know why!!!! 
 
Anyway before I climb the wooden hill to bedfordshire I thought I would share with you a card I managed to finish over the last few days.  My back is slowly on the mend but I find it hard to sit for any great length of time and add to that half term week it took a bit longer to finish than normal.
 
Image - Magnolia
Medium - Copics/Promarkers
Papers - Prima 'Meadow Lark'
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies - Nellie's corner, Marianne Design trailing ivy
 
I used a couple of my older Magnolia stamps and masked them together and love how it turned out.  All coloured with copics apart from the hair for which I used promarkers with the fine nib attachment. 

Skin: E00, E000, E11, R20, R81
Dress/Shoes:  V000, V12, V15, V17
Socks:  E50, E53
Hair/Basket:  Promarkers Walnut, Cocoa, Caramel
Fence:  W1, W3, W5, W7
Flowers:  RV02, RV17, RV19, R39
Grass/Leaves:  YG11, YG13, YG67
 
A closer look at the image.  I also added some pink stickles to the lilacs but not sure you can pick it up in the photo.


 
Lastly a side view to show the depth of the flowers which have all been dusted with Glamour Dust and look so pretty.
 
Challenges I would like to enter:-
 
 
 
 
Okay so I'm trying to make these fingers of mine type the last few words but now I'm dropping off to sleep at the same time never a good combination so time to bid you goodnight I think.  I'm hoping for a little lay in tomorrow as the kiddies were very late to bed as they were out playing on the trampolene in the dark.  Yes you heard right IN THE DARK.  My sister dropped in for a visit today laden with glow bands which the kiddies just love and had this great idea of using them outside in the dark so all I could see from the kitchen window were this glowing rings and sticks bopping up and down at the bottom of the garden!!!!
 
Take care everyone and catch up with you soon.
 
Ann-Marie
xxx 
 
 

7 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is pretty Ann-Marie love your colours
jacqui x

brenda said...

Your card is really lovely Ann-Marie, absolutely bursting with beautiful blooms.

Thanks so much sharing with us Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and soooooo cute.
luv
Debby

Laine said...

Hi Ann-Marie, I seem to have lost track of you recently. Hope your back is better soon. Your card is fabulous.
Laine
xx

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning card Ann-Marie, gorgeous colours and your colouring, as always, is stunning!
I hope your back is better soon. It's a nemesis of mine having had 4 ops so I know how you feel.
Sarah xx

Sarah said...

Your card is beautiful, I love all the details.

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Tracy said...

Stunning, your card is full of prettiness. These stamps look great masked too. Thankyou for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Tracy xx