21 May 2012

Hay there!!!

Howdy folks, I hope you all had a fab weekend and managed to squeeze in some crafty time. 

I have something to show you today which is a little bit different from my norm.  Its my uncle's 50th on Saturday and my aunt asked me to make a card for the occasion.  Now my uncle is a right old country bumpkin right down to his field of cows.  My kiddies love to go visit and see all the animals and to take the dogs across the fields and perhaps see my uncle on his tractor so when I saw this Stampendous stamp I had to have it. 


I decided to make a criss cross card and the papers are a download from The Digichick and I thought were a perfect match to the stamp.  The hinges were a separate element and I just resized, printed and cut them out.  The image is coloured with copics and pencils.


Didn't think I could get away with putting flowers on it so I used the Wheat images from the download kit and think it works rather well.  I decided to use some buttons and again as I could not go really girly and use ribbon bows I got the raffia out instead.  I really do struggle with mens cards it just seems a little bare to me. 

Challenges I would like to enter:-





Okay folks hope you have a great start to the week and fingers crossed I think we may see some sun!

Take care, happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx

9 comments:

Crafteezee said...

Soooo very cool. Love everything about it.

Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. I also have Candy on my blog if you want to hop over HERE.

Hugs Tracy x


brenda said...

I just love your card Ann-Marie. The farmyard scene is so perfectly complimented with the ears of corn.

Thanks so much for joining in with out Buttons and Bows theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Laura Bradley said...

This is brilliant! I love it! Laura x

Sally said...

Hi Ann Marie...lomg time no speak! Just love this...gorgeous colours and love the style.
Hope you are ok.
HUgs Sally xx

Louise said...

Beautiful pocket card, image is perfect for the occasion. Thanks for joining us for our "P" for pocket challenge at ABC
Louise

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Ann-Marie, I'm sure your Uncle will be really chuffed with it.
Hugs
Caz x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

fab card I love the criss cross shape and the plain image inside such a nice touch

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Awesome card! :) I dont think you would have got away with flowers either, but the wheat is genius! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Elizabeth said...

I love the wood-papers you used on this, its perfect with the cool stamp. Love the wheat too!
Hugs, Elizabeth