28 February 2012

Not a shop bought flower in sight!!!!

Hi all, I hope you are okay.  All is peachy in my neck of the woods.  I think Spring is just around the corner it is so close I can taste it. 

I'm getting a little ahead of myself at the moment and I've made an Easter card.  I decided to make a tent card which was great fun, not quite sure what I was thinking with the colour combo though its not my usual style and would you believe there is not a shop bought flower in sight all the flowers have been made using punches for a change.  I do think it is lacking something not sure what though and I am not 100% happy with it wasnt quite what I had pictured in my head.  



The gorgeous papers I used were Prima Sweet Fairy.  Stamps coloured with a mixture of copics, promarkers and prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment is a Forever Friends die cut.

Actually, if you read my earlier post this is the card that I was making when I broke my cuttlebug. I was die cutting the scalloped circle out so I could place the scene behind.

My hubby is at the moment tinkering with it (they do like to tinker don't they!!!) in the hope that he won't have to fork out for a new one.  I would like to thank all of you that took the time to leave me your comments about different machines available I have found them invaluable.  I was gutted when it broke but I am actually quite excited now at the prospect of a new machine and I think I am going to get a Big Shot that is of course when my hubby realises its a lost cause which I hope will be sooner rather than later.

Okay,  a couple of challenges that I would like to enter into:-



Right, thats a wrap from me.  Have lots of crafty fun wherever you are.

Take care.

Ann-Marie

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous, adorable card and such lovely flowers.
luv
Debby

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Ann-Marie,
Gorgeous card! love the beautiful spring colours.
I hope you get your machine fixed.
And thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Love, Mel. xxx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Ann-Marie. Gorgeous card. Love the scene you have created and the colours are beautiful. Just read your previous post. My first machines were the big shot and the sidekick. I still love the big shot. Purchased a Cuttlebug, as my sidekick broke too, it was the little gears on the inside and the Cuttlebug is probably the machine I use the most now. Got the Grand Calibur before Christmas, put in on the shelf and have never used it. It was got really for larger dies but as yet only have the set that came with it as the larger dies are so expensive. Donna

Carol Willis said...

Hi Ann Marie
Love the card. The colours and design are gorgeous. Really hoping your hubby doesn't manage to fix your machine so you can get a new one!
Hugs
Caz x

Becky said...

Gorgeous card, the made flowers are perfect. I hope you get a machine soon, either your tinkered one or a new one ;)
Thanks for joining us this challenge at Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x