18 February 2012

A pearly girly bling thing!

I apologise now for the title unfortunately it just popped into my head and I couldn't let it go!!!

I hope you are all well on this Saturday evening.  Thought I would show you a birthday card I have made.  Its very pink, sparkly and girly.  I made it using a Glitter Girls embossing board called "open hearts and tall stories".  When I first started cardmaking (a couple of years ago now) this is really where I began with embossing boards until, of course, rubber stamping took over completely, so I thought I would have a go at combining the two for a change.

This is how the card looks face on.

This is sort of a top view so you can see how it stands.  I have made it double layered, you don't have to but I like the fact that I can just decorate the front and the back layer is where you can write and that it also makes it stand on its own otherwise you have to  make a sort of stand for it.

Just another shot from a different angle.

This is back layer on the left side.

This is the back layer on the right where a message can be written.

There is quite a bit of bling on this card (not sure if it shows too well in the piccies).  All around the edges has been glittered with Martha Stewart glitter.  Lots of pearls and gems from stash.  A bit of a flower frenzy going on (all from WOC) but I thought hey the glitter has come out so there's no point in holding back now.  This is one of my new maggies I bought with some of my birthday money and I think she is going to be one of my all time faves. 

I would like to enter into some challenges whilst I'm on here:-






Sorry for the photo heavy post.  Thanks for staying to the end of my waffle.  Off now to make myself a hot choccy and settle down to some colouring.

Take care wherever you are and happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Holy cow this is gorgeous! It must have taken you ages to complete! Great project!
    Thank you for entering the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow is right! What a completely stunning creation.

    Thank you for joining our Jazz It Up challenge at ABC.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ime Elaine, I simply adore this card.
    I married three years ago and made my wedding invtations from the open hearts board similar to this. You have done a brilliant job with this one and my favourite colour is pink.
    Well Done it is gorgeous !
    Elaine.W

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card - love the shape and all the beautiful details. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning. WOW - love it
    Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne-Marie, this is the most beautiful creation I've seen in a while & the post title is spot on lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowser - this is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful the blooms are fab!

    Thanks for joining in our free and easy challenge this week for our free and easy february theme ;)

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.. I cannot call it "card" It is something.. absolutely fantastic project!! All details jusr gorgeous!! Great job!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “BINGO” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely project! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne-Marie
    I've just found your blog on a little jaunt through blogland and have become a follower. Your work is absolutely gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow this certainly pearly, girly and blingy Ann Marie, stunning card and the design is gorgeous...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this. Is is very pearly and jazzed up. Thanks for playing along with ABC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever card and so, so pretty! :) I love how you have combined using the embossing board and shaping the card this way - it looks amazing.

    Beautiful details, image and colouring too :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card... amazing job!!! thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
    hugs

    ReplyDelete