1 March 2011

A box/easel card for a wedding

Hello everyone, happy Tuesday to you. Hope you all had a fab weekend. I was nursing a slight (very slight NOT he he) hangover on Saturday as it was my sister's hen night on the Friday and we went to a place called Rubyz for a meal with entertainment! Now I had never been here before and the entertainment was a drag act and I tell you I have never laughed so much in my life its was brilliant.
Anyway, I've popped on here as I wanted to show you a card/box I was asked to make for a wedding my aunt was going to in South Africa. The only request was to use 'spicy' colours and this is what I came up with. The orange flowers look a tad brighter in the photo than they actually were but hey ho thats my photography skills for you!.

As usual the hair and suit was coloured with copics, the dress was paper pieced on to some pearl paper and ran through the cuttlebug with my dotty embossing folder. My MS doily punch had an outing and I used my new Magnolia dragonfly die - just love this and I added some clear gems to it for a little sparkle.


As usual all the flowers are from WOC (and have you seen the new Trellis roses that are on the website at the mo - mmmm they're so gorgeous gonna have to have some of those!). The string of pearls I've added around the edge are from stash which I've had for ages.
I think thats about it for now. I would like to enter my card into the following challenges. Thank you.
Papertake Weekly - anything goes (added option of something old)
Stamp Something - flowers
Wild Orchid Crafts - anything goes
Catch ya later folks, the kids are due home soon and I have done absolutely no housework - slapped wristies me thinks!!.
Take care.
Ann-Marie xxx







6 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous chick, love the image hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful and clever, beautifully designed. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project! How do you do these :)

    What thickness cardstock do you use if you dont mind me asking, as it looks a sturdy piece and yet very intricate and totally stunning.

    I think this is fab! :)

    Thanks for the tip re JS - I had totally forgotten about her free P&P, and thanks also for answering query on punch.

    have a great day,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne-Marie
    Great easel box card. I bet the recipients will love it. Think the colours definetely fit in with the request for "spicy" colours.
    Hugs Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ann-Marie, this is amazing! The happy couple will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fantastic, what a wonderful creation. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete