30 November 2009
Well I wont subject you to one of my waffling posts (did you hear that - everyone sighed relief in unison!) so this is my advent calender for my auntie.
This is the top of my advent. The image is a Sugar Nellie called "Jingle Bells" and I have coloured it with copics. I eventually found some excellent card to use with my copics thanks to Elaine at Quixotic Paperie who let me know what she uses and pointed me in the right direction, thank you so much Elaine I now no longer have withdrawal symptoms and I can colour to my hearts content.
This is one of the sides. The little squares you can see with the wreath and the "Merry Christmas" are toppers from Flowersoft and I'd added green flowersoft and red stickles for the berries.
I do apologise for the picture quality, I'm definately no photographer even with a half decent camera I can still bodge the shot, but you can get the jist of it hopefully with these couple of pics. I so enjoyed doing this I just wish I has started a little sooner and made a few more, but hey I'll start in January for next Christmas and maybe I'll have enough for all my family. Best start collecting the little matchboxes now as there is no way I'm going in and asking for 100's of matchboxes as they'll think I'm an arsonist!
Right, I'm off now got some Christmas decs to put up. Got to start with the tree in the porch and then I think I'll move on to the one in the conservatory, yes we have five in our house (that includes the kiddies ones in their rooms), so best get cracking.
Take care guys, have a good evening and I'll speak to you soon.
28 November 2009
The oval behind Tilda started off as a normal oval - didn't like that so I got out my Fiskers fancy scissors and cut around it to give it a fancy edge then thought hey I'll ink it up, well what a mistake to make - as I've said before me and distressing just don't mix and what a mess it turned out, so the border you now see around the oval is masking my mess and all I did was punch out loads of little snowflakes from pink glitter card and stick them all on, but I think it turned out quite well eventually. Added some bling and got out the old stickles (which the camera hasn't picked up) and voila. Oh its sat on its own little box too.
Well I'm off now I'm in the middle of making an advent calender out of matchboxes which I first saw on Debby's fab blog here and I just had to have a go. Check out the rest of her creations they're so beautiful and they always inspire me. So all being well that should be the next thing to show you.
Wherever you are have a great weekend. Take care all.
26 November 2009
1. Where is your cell phone? - coat pocket
2. Hair? - brown
3. Mother? - never far away
4. Father? - not that close
5. Favourite food? - Thai
6. Dream last night? - dont know (didnt get much sleep anyway, we have poorly house this week!)
7. Favourite drink? - Jack Daniels
8. Dream goal? - 24 hr crafting!!!
9. What room are you in? - Kitchen/conservatory
10. Your hobby? - crafting OF COURSE
11. Your fear? - dying young
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years time? - my own craft room!
13. Where were you last night? - home
14. Something you aren't? - miserable
15. Muffins? - christmas ones from my local baker, yum!
16. Wishlist item? - craft room
17. Where did you grow up? Bransgore/New Milton (in the New Forest)
18. Last thing you did? hoover
19. What are you wearing? - my coat (just going down the school to pick up son)
20. Your tv? - not mine its hubby's apparently!!!! buts its a Samsung
21. Your pets? none
22. Your friends? - mad like me
23. Your life? - content
24. Your mood? - happy
25. Missing someone? - my grandad
26. Vehicle? - don't drive
27. Something you're not wearing? makeup
28. Your favourite store? - Next
29. Your favourite colour? - Red
30. Last time you laughed? - just now
31. Last time you cried? - a couple of days ago
32. Your best friend? - my hubby
33. One place you go to over and over? - my purse!
34. Person who e-mails you regularly? - my mate from where I used to work
35. Favourite place to eat? - Thai restaurant
36. Facebook? - occasionally
Phew! I've done it that got the old wheels turning. Not very exciting answers I know and I couldn't stick to the one word answers either, but you know a little more about me anyway. Right, gotta dash my son has a friend home for tea and it sounds like they're destroying the place upstairs so I'm off to rule with an iron hand (not that they listen to me!!!).
I know I'm meant to pass this on to fellow blogging buddies but as usual I'm late with posting mine and I think most of my fellow blogging buds have already had it, so if you've popped on here and it hasn't made its way to you yet then please by all means take it and post on your blog and I'll pop in to be nosey. I like being nosey he he!!!
Well take care you guys and I hope its a happy day where you are. I'm in the process of putting together a Crimbo card so should hopefully see you soon.
Take care for now.
23 November 2009
11 November 2009
10 November 2009
9 November 2009
Thats it for now folks will hopefully have some things to show you soon.
5 November 2009
Now am I doing something wrong, I know that I don't really need to be put too much ink down on the paper but find when I blend with three or more colours its quite hard. Now some images I can rescue as I will cut them out and mount but I'm a lazy crafter and will soon get fed up with cutting every image out. So can anyone help me - is there something I'm doing drastically wrong or can anyone recommend some card to use that won't bleed (and is available in the UK). Any ideas would be very gratefully received.
Thank you guys for any help you may send my way. Now if you're doing bonfires and fireworks tonight I hope you have a great time and that the rain stays away for you. We're having a family get together on Saturday which should be great fun and the kiddies are so looking forward to it so fingers crossed it stays dry!!
Bye for now. Take care.